Competition law is one of the most relevant branches of law in today’s business. Competition law practice includes the protection of the freedom of fair competition. Upon Lithuania’s accession to the EU, EU legislation directly regulating competition and prohibiting restrictions on competition is directly applicable in Lithuania.
Our lawyers provide the following competition law services:
- Advises on the application of Lithuanian and EU competition law;
- Provides legal assistance to protect the right of economic operators to fair competition;
- Advises on compliance with competition laws;
- Advise on anti-competitive agreements and concerted practices and exemptions from such agreements, on possible abuses of dominant positions, unfair competition, misleading and comparative advertising;
- Advises on merger issues and prepares notifications of proposed concentrations;
- Represents clients’ interests before the Competition Council and the European Commission in alleged or present breaches of anti-competitive agreements and other competition laws;
- Advises on the granting and legality of state aid.
Our lawyers successfully represent the largest companies in the Competition Council and courts, advise clients on the application of European Union and national competition law.
Our lawyers represent the interests of clients in the Competition Council regarding its investigations, including investigations into possible abuse of a dominant position, by submitting written commitments to the Competition Council, defending the interests of clients in court regarding the implementation and application of legal norms related to investigations and commitments.